Q: How many days should I spend in Yogyakarta. I do not have that much time but would like to explore all the important sights at a leisurely pace.
A: You would need about 3-4 days for a good leisure pace to enjoy all the important sights such as Borobudur, Prambanan (which both take a day each) and also explore Yogyakarta city itself for silversmiths, puppet makers, street arts and food vendors, culture, people and Indonesian food!
Also, check out our popular Top 10 Things to Do in Yogyakarta!
Best Accommodations in Yogyakarta
In Yogyakarta, staying in the city center would help to save time in visiting all the must-visit places, but if you are looking for also some relaxation, just a little off center to north or south are some great choices. Here are a few of the best accommodations that we recommend to stay in Yogyakarta:
Luxury (from 150 USD)
- Rosseno Villa For those who want tranquillity and privacy, this villa lies just 15 minutes south of the city center surrounded by rice fields. It comes not only with a private pool, but also all meals provided and an all-day use of a car and driver! Well worth the splurge here. Check out the latest prices on Booking.com * Check out the latest prices on Agoda.com *
- Phoenix Hotel – McGallery by Sofitel Run by the well known Sofitel, this hotel is for those who wants their luxury in the center of Yogyakarta. The hotel’s interior comes with a blend of grand Asian and European decor, with the rooms terraces overlooking a courtyard and pool. Check out the latest prices on Booking.com * Check out the latest prices on Agoda.com *
Mid-range (50 – 150 USD)
- Novotel Yogyakarta For those who seek a well known brand and comfort, this hotel is located strategically to visit the tourist attractions. You can expect clean modern rooms with wide range of delicious breakfast. It also comes with a pool. Definitely value for money. Check out the latest prices on Booking.com * Check out the latest prices on Agoda.com *
- Dusun Jogja Village Inn For those looking for a nature getaway and some tranquility, this hotel is like an oasis in the middle of the city. Surrounded by tropical gardens of palm trees around a beautiful pool. It is also well located, just south to the main attractions area. Check out the latest prices on Booking.com * Check out the latest prices on Agoda.com *
Budget (below 50 USD)
- Griya Wijilan Just nestled next to the Keraton Palace, this small and Javanese designed boutique hotel is for those who knows a good deal. The location is hard to beat! There is also nice terrace and garden for those who hang to rest in between the hustle and bustle. Check out the latest prices on Booking.com * Check out the latest prices on Agoda.com *
- Rumah Mertua Boutique Hotel For those looking for a boutique hotel, combining comfort with budget, this hotel comes wih Javanese decorated rooms and a pool surrounded by romantic gardens. It is located 20 minutes drive north from the city center in a tranquil setting. Check out the latest prices on Booking.com * Check out the latest prices on Agoda.com *